12.15.2012

Ty Paxton Raby {a birthing story}

My little man finally came! And he is beautiful! I was worried about being able to love another kid as much as I feel for shailee, but as soon as I saw him I can't believe how I love that little man. Exactly how I love my daughter. That feeling of selflessness and the urge to give everything you have no matter what it takes. The feeling of wanting to be a better person so you can be everything to them. All those feelings hit you at once as soon as you see your child being born and you want to grab your little one and never let go. When I was pregnant with ty I did not want to have another kid because of the pain, but as soon as I saw him I knew this wouldn't be my last. That emotional feeling when they are born is incredible and I would love to feel it over and over again. Maybe just one more time cause I don't know how many kids Jordan will let us have. ;) anyway, here is his story:

                                                                (8 months pregnant)
Pregnancy: I found out I was pregnant with Ty one week before easter.  I was not expecting it, Nuvaring doesn't work or I'm just highly fertile mertle. The night before I found out, Jordan, my sister Shyanne, and I had gone out for seafood. The next morning I was PUKING my guts.  I was late on my period and had taken a pregnancy test 2 days before and it said negative. So, I did happen to have another test in my drawer. I didnt think i was since the last tests results, but tried it anyway. Lo and behold it was screaming: PREGNANT. I felt empty. I didnt know how Jordan was going to react. I went in the room and said, um jordan, im pregnant. he was half asleep and said ok, lets talk in the morning. I think he was in shock. Next morning he looked at the test and he smiled. To my surprise, he was calm and happy. Him being that way put me at ease and I then got very excited. We both told everyone right away which might have been a bad idea. A week later Jordan proposed so everyone probably thought we were getting married because I was pregnant. Little did I know, he already had the ring when we found out. So, in the end it all worked out. When I was pregnant with Ty I never really threw up that much, I felt a little nauseated here and there, but overall it was a great pregnancy. Although I measured small I gained a lot more than I did with shailee. Weight before pregnancy was 113 and ending pregnancy weight was 134. 21 pound gain! Hello! Shailee was an 8 pound gain. Haha. So at the moment I'm feeling a little F-A-T. The only thing I could really complain about with this pregnancy is I already have a messed up back and this pregnancy made it worse, and I also live on the third floor. Sucked!  During pregnancy about 36 weeks into it, my doctor said I wasn't measuring right and wanted me to get an ultrasound right away. At the ultrasound he was measuring 3 weeks behind, his stomach being the smallest. He was in the 12 percintile. babies that go to the 10th percintile are sceduled for delivery immediately. We had to get the non stress test done every week and then another ultrasound at 39 weeks. At the 39 week and 3 days mark we did the ultrasound. He was still measuring 3 weeks behind but was in the 15th percentile, which is still tiny. The doctor said to wait to my due date to be induced but if I felt like I want or need to come in before then then I could. Jordan and I decided to wait and let the baby cook till he was ready or atleast till my due date.

Labor: the night before I got induced at about 830 I started to feel contractions that hurt and I could hardly walk through them. We had just got home from a couple family parties and I wasn't wanting to leave. I was exhausted. Luckily Jordan felt it was time and didnt give me a choice. We threw in the last few things needed in our bags and headed out the door. We dropped shailee off at my grandmas and headed to the hospital. Once we arrived and got in the room my contractions were about 2 minutes apart and hurt like hell. I was dilated at a 3 so the nurse (who was awesome) went and called my doctor. She comes back and says your doctor isn't available until 6 this morning so dr gourley is on call. Dr gourley was the guy who delivered shailee. He made me super uncomfortable and last time wanted me to wait an hour before getting an epidural when I was in so much pain. Well guess what!? He did it again. He told the nurse to tell me to wait an hour to see if I was really in labor. Hmm, lets just say for the second time-- that didnt go over very well. I through the biggest fit and started bawling my eyes out. I'm getting induced tomorrow and I'm a 3 dilation and you want to see if I'm in labor- plus it's my due date? NOT GONNA HAPPEN. The nurse felt bad so she checked me again and within a half hour I was at a 3.5. She called the doctor again and lucky me, I got the epidural. Sometimes it pays off to be a bi---. ;) freakin a. Anyway, so I got the epidural. Which only was working on half of my body the whole time. I would switch from side to side constantly trying to get it to the other side.

Delivery: This part will be very short. The doctor came in about 4:10 and i was ready to roll. I started pushing at 4:18 & out came baby Ty at 4:20. YES- two minutes of pushing. (applause) thank you, thank you. :) That is what makes this paragraph so short. There wasn't too much to explain here. ha. Jordan, to my surprise actually watched the birthing process and I think he is glad he did. I'm sure he had the same feelings I did when our little angel came to us. And surprisingly didn't look so small.... 7 pounds 2 oz and 20 inches long born at 4:20 am on his due date: December 10, 2012. Why he was measuring small on the ultrasound was beyond me. He is tiny, but not as tiny as they thought. Little bugger. He was born two days before my birthday and was the best birthday gift I could of ever asked for.

I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has sent me Ty and his daddy. They have been the two biggest blessings for me this year. Jordan has been such a light in my life since the day I met him, and he makes me want to be a better person, mom, and wife. He is so special to me, and I'm so glad my Heavenly Father brought us together and gave us a beautiful baby boy. I'm so grateful that Shailee is apart of our family and she has been such a good big sister. She is a reminder to me everyday of how at one point in my life I was weak and she made me stronger and I can get through anything. She has always been the best part of my day and makes me try and better myself everyday. I love my family so much & wouldnt know what to do without every single one of them. Ty being born has been the biggest reminder to me of how important family and the church is. They are the two essential parts of my life that I have taken for granted at some points in my life. He has made me thankful for everything I have. I love you Ty Raby. Thank you for coming into my life.
































No comments:

Post a Comment